Florentino Perez regrets renewing Sergio Ramos’ contract

first_img Sergio Ramos is having a disgraceful season with Real Madrid. And it’s not sensational to say so. The numbers show it. He has only played 13 games and has been injured for the other 12. Of the games he has played, Madrid have failed in eight of them. And of the 12 he hasn’t played, Madrid won 11.  Upd. at 13:29 Sergio Ramos got his multi-million contract renovation with Real Madrid in the summer. After threatening he would leave, eventually Florentino Perez caved and gave him 10 million euros a season. Now he’s the third best paid player in the squad, behind Cristiano Ronaldo (17m) and Gareth Bale (11m). But his performance does not tally with his earnings.  09/01/2016 CETcenter_img Ramos, nearly 30, has done virtually nothing positive for Madrid since scoring the goal that set them on the way to La Decima in May 2014. He has caused problems with Perez, over his renewal, had fights with Gerard Pique and Cesc Fabregas, a bad relationship with Rafa Benitez and very poor sporting performance. Real Madrid’s president regrets giving him his new deal. With Ramos in the team, Madrid have lost 17 of 21 points (three defeats and four draws), while with Ramos out, they have 34 of 36 points (11 wins and 1 draw).  Alejandro Alcazarlast_img read more

Read More →

Florentino Perez to counter-attack Barça with Moussa Sissoko

first_img His physical power and deferral to the stars of the team are valued highly, but he was behind Andre Gomes in the wishlist of the Real Madrid president, once his hopes of signing Paul Pogba were dashed. Real Madrid, who had been prepared to pay between 30 and 40 million euros for the Portuguese international, would be looking to pay a slightly inferior amount for Sissoko, but with the inclusion of bonuses to Newcastle, and the offer of a player on loan to Rafa Benitez’s side. Florentino and Zidane spoke in a hastily arranged meeting in Montreal once the Andre Gomes story broke, and they drew up the new transfer plan moving forward. Sport EN CEST Having hardly had time to digest the blow, he gave the order to seek an alternative. Moussa Sissoko is the chosen player. Florentino Perez reacted with incredulity at the news of Andre Gomes’ signing for FC Barcelona.center_img Upd. at 12:42 The 26-year-old French international midfielder Sissoko, who has been at Newcastle for four seasons, was catapulted to the forefront of world football during Euro 2016, and Zinedine Zidane was impressed. 22/07/2016 Newcastle’s relegation from the Premier League has led to Sissoko wanting to leave the English side, though he is under contract until June 2019.  Rafa Benitez is aware of the difficulty of keeping the player against his wishes.last_img read more

Read More →

Sergio Aguero says Pep Guardiola demands a lot from him

first_img “Pep has changed our tactics and the style of play we’ve had over the last five years,” he told Sky Sports. 28/08/2016 “For me it has been a change because I’m the player who initiates pressing, so I’m working hard and getting used to it. Sergio Aguero says that Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola demands a lot from him. “Of course you need to be very fit in order to do that. It’s also fantastic because he always wants the team to be in possession, to press high and play on the front foot. Sport EN Upd. at 13:35 CEST “That gives me more goalscoring opportunities and the team a better chance of winning.”last_img

Read More →

Brahim Diaz: I thought about three options: Madrid, Madrid and Madrid!

first_imgBrahim Diaz was presented as a Real Madrid player on Monday after completing his move from Manchester City. He was thrilled to join Los Blancos and said as much in a speech. EFE “It is the most important day of my life, I’ve joined the club I dreamed of playing for as a child,” said Diaz. Upd. on 08/01/2019 at 09:52 CET “I promise to give 100 per cent from the first day and I want to thank the trust placed in me. Thanks to my family, I will try to make them proud of me in this stage of my career. Thanks to everyone and hala Madrid!” IN SPORT.ES “It’s the best gift I could hope for. When I decided to leave Manchester City, I only considered three options: the first, playing for Real Madrid; the second, playing for Real Madrid; and the third, playing for Real Madrid. I didn’t want to go anywhere else, it’s impossible to play for a better club.center_img 07/01/2019 Real Madrid announce signing of Brahim Diaz until 2025 Brahim: “Solo contemplé tres opciones: Madrid, Madrid y Madrid” RELATED STORIES “I understand that defending this badge means putting on the jersey that has the ambition to always win and the responsibility of leaving your soul on the pitch for the biggest club in the world.last_img read more

Read More →

Madrid name 21-man squad for second Clasico in a week vs. Barcelona

first_img Barça name squad for Clasico with Boateng left at home once again Two players have been left out for technical reasons, though: Brahim and Odriozola. Meanwhile, defender Nacho Fenrnandez is suspended and midfielder Marcos Llorente is injured.  Upd. at 22:02 The big news is Isco returns to the squad, but it’s worth keeping in mind the midfielder is not one of Solari’s favourites and could yet end up watching the game from the stands. Mariano also returns to the squad for now.  La convocatoria del Real Madrid para el clásico de Liga IN SPORT.ES RELATED STORIES CET The squad is: 01/03/2019 Courtois, Keylor Navas, Luca Zidane (goalkeepers); Carvajal, Vallejo, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Marcelo, Reguilón (defenders); Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Valverde, Isco, Dani Ceballos (midfielders); Marco Asensio, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano, Bale, Benzema and Vinicius Junior (forwards). sport.es Santiago Solari is aware that two Clasico defeats could do his image serious damage and has not given anything away with his squad for Saturday’s second game in a week against Barcelona. The Real Madrid coach has called up 21 players, so will have to drop three from the matchday squad. last_img read more

Read More →

Atletico Madrid’s appeal against Costa’s eight-game ban rejected

first_img Upd. at 20:43 12/04/2019 Diego Costa: Biggest punishment since Pepe in 2009 On Thursday, the RFEF hit him with an eight match suspension: four games for the insult and four for the grab.  Costa was sent off in last weekend’s 2-0 loss to Barcelona, whic heffectively ended Atleti’s title hopes, for insulting the referee and grabbing his arm.  OFFICIAL: Diego Costa banned for eight matches for ref attack The RFEF’s Appeals Committee has turned down Atletico Madrid’s appeal and upheld Diego Costa’s eight-game ban. ⚖️ SANCIONES | Resolución del Comité de Apelación en relación con el jugador Diego Costa https://t.co/pZm3r141H2— RFEF (@rfef) 12 de abril de 2019 The club have 15 days to take their appeal to Spain’s Administrative Court of Sport. There are seven league games left in the current campaign.  Apelación mantiene la sanción de 8 partidos a Costa IN SPORT.ES RELATED STORIES CEST Sport.es Atletico appeal the decision but the Appeals Committee have rejected that appeal and, pending the Rojiblanco taking things further, Costa will miss the rest of the season. last_img read more

Read More →

NBA star helped arena workers roll beer kegs

first_imgAdvertisement 3e6NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs1hl51f3Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ef84cu( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 12lbvWould you ever consider trying this?😱8d7f40Can your students do this? 🌚3y8Roller skating! Powered by Firework Rajon Rondo has always been a recognisable figure in the NBA, both for his exploits on the court and off of it. But he showed his helpful side before the Los Angeles Lakers’ game against the Golden State Warriors on Thursday.Advertisement As tweeted by ESPN reporter Nick Friedell, Rondo helped some workers at the T-Mobile Arena roll beer kegs in the hallway.Advertisement Rondo has generally been generous to the highlight reels, which has mostly been due to his amazing court vision and passing ability. Certain times, he has provided moments which simply put, hugely entertaining. Like the time he did these things.   Rondo is generally known for his competitive spirit and his gritty attitude, but this incident truly proved what a unique personality he is. The point guard will begin his first season with the Lakers, who will sport a changed look mainly due to the arrival of Lebron James.The Lakers have a host of new players to go with their young talents, and it will be interesting to see how Rondo meshes with the new surroundings. The will play the Golden State Warriors again tomorrow in what will be their final preseason game. Expect the fans to get their beers on time, thanks to Rajon. Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

LeBron James and JaVale McGee say that smoke in Kings Arena caused by California…

first_imgAdvertisement 8svgNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9g18fWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E8ts1( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 8b41vWould you ever consider trying this?😱50bpi7yCan your students do this? 🌚w5Roller skating! Powered by Firework A wildfire took place in Butte County – known as the Camp Fire – and its effect was seen as the Sacramento Kings played against the Los Angeles Lakers. The smoke from the fire was seen above the court in the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, and the Lakers were clearly upset by it.Advertisement The likes of LeBron James and JaVale McGee definitely found the smoke disturbing.”You can smell it,” James said prior to the game. “We haven’t really gotten up and down [running] like that to the point where you can tell it affects you or not, but anytime smoke is around, you know it can affect all of us. Not only us as athletes but everyone. Everyone gets affected by pollution.”Advertisement James scored a game-high 25 points as the Lakers won the game 101-86, but said that the air in the arena “affected him a lot.” “I had a slight headache before the game,” he said. “Hopefully I’ll be able to get some good rest tonight.”Lakers big man JaVale McGee suffers from asthma, and he obviously found the smoke problematic. “My stomach was hurtin’ like I was hungry or something, but it was from the smoke for sure, so … but we still won, though, so it’s all good,” he said.Advertisement The smoke was not favourable for anyone, but the Lakers got the win which improved them to 6-6 for the season. Advertisementlast_img read more

Read More →

Paco Alcacer publicly criticises people at Barcelona for “behaving poorly”

first_img 18/09/2019 Juan Linares (@Jlinares91) IN SPORT.ES FC Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund drew 0-0 in the first game of the Champions League group stage. Paco Alcacer faced his old teammates for the first time since leaving Camp Nou for Germany. He’s found his form and confidence again in the Bundesliga, which has led to a return to the Spain team, and after the game, he spoke about his spell in Catalonia.  Upd. on 19/09/2019 at 12:57 CESTcenter_img Paco Alcácer estalla contra el Barça públicamente: “Hubo gente que se portó mal conmigo” “At Barça, there were people that behaved poorly with me,” were the strong words from Alcacer. In an interview with Josep Pedrerol on El Chiringuito, he was asked if he could give names about who he was referring to at the club. As expected, he didn’t want to go into more details but did say it wasn’t any of the players.  So, who was Alcacer’s message aimed at? If it wasn’t for the board, perhaps it was for the coach, given he maybe feels he wasn’t given enough chances to prove his worth.last_img read more

Read More →

Last gasps for berry sign

first_imgBy Melissa MeehanWILD scenes ensued on the roadside at Garfield last week as VicRoads workers removed illegal road signs against…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Read More →